I've been really annoyed lately, & have to let off some steam. For starters between David & I we've gotten into 3 automobile accidents in the last 9 months. Nothing too serious, but each one has been a headache none the less. And as bad as all that has been that is not what I'm fired up about. It's the automated phone service I have to call at the insurance agency. What is the deal? Why can't I just talk to a real life person or at least be able to push a button for my response. You know what I'm talking about, when you have to "talk" to the recorded voice to give your answers. In an ideal situation I'd be sitting in a perfectly quiet house doing nothing but making this phone call, but COME ON, there is always someone crying, trying to talk to me, or a toy going off in the background. This causes the recorded voice to "not understand me clearly." I repeat it again & again & again until finally I'm yelling at the stupid phone using less then polite words. I've really had it. I'd love to just push 1 for yes or 2 for no, but somewhere along the way some genius thought "if they want to talk to a real person we'll just have them talk to the machine that's close enought isn't it." Ok I'm starting to feel much better. Please tell me it's not just me. Consider this my petition to quit the madness. Make a comment to sign. :)
9.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I second that. Having spent a great deal of time on the phone at work with insurance companies, I have great empathy for your situation. I've found however, that when you do finally get a live person on the phone, they're seldom much better than the recorded version. You know it's a bad day when you find yourself wishing you were speaking to the irritatingly generic voice instead of the idiot on the other line. Good luck with your adventures in insurance land. I feel for you. Oh, and happy anniversary!
Here, here!! I also second the notion.
It almost sounds comical the way you explain it. Can I come over and watch sometime? JK I can relate - you should hear Cory talking to those machines!
ugh, what a pain.
I can only imagine Cory talking to those machines, paige...
Try pushing "0" (zero) oftentimes it will take you out to an operator ... a real person.
Your soooo old & soooo wise! :)
I was just going to say... sometimes if you push "0" you get thru all the crap..and finally get a real person...in india and you can't understand a word they are saying. I promise I'm not racist.
Oh my gosh, I have to laugh because remember when we work for Jeff and we had to call questar gas and they have the same STUPID thing and we would be so pissed it was not even funny.
i hate calling the theater...1 800 fandango and i say "Layton" and they think i say "Lakewood"...what the??? over and over. and I yell at them too like they can hear me and then she says..."i'm sorry i didn't get that" Well get this *&%$&*#@!!!
Post a Comment