Yea we had a fun 4th too. We camped too, did fireworks too, seems like it's alot of the same stuff for everyone. Plus everytime I went to take a picture I was reminded that I need to charge my camera. Well it's charged now so maybe I can document things a little better. Frankly I'm going to turn to one of my random thoughts for this post. So here goes...
I love kitchen gadgets & tools. Cookings pretty fun, but when you have just the right tool for the job it makes it that much more fun. So I have three definate "favorite" kitchen tools.
1. The WHISK - isn't it fun to beat the crap out of some eggs (see recipe below). I don't remember where or when I got my whisk, but it's one of those big metal ones.
2. The PIZZA CUTTER - I got my wonderful pizza cutter from my dad's cousin Leon when he died. It's a huge Papa Murphy's one. I never used it too often until one day a couple years ago when I was watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. Jon was cutting all their pancakes with a fork & knife until a viewer wrote in & suggested that he cut them with a pizza cutter. Dang! What a great idea. I really hate having to cut up the kids food when mine is sitting there waiting for me to sink my teeth into. Now I use my pizza cutter to cut all sorts of stuff.
3. The ICE CREAM SCOOP - obviously when using the ice cream scoop you know something good is to follow. I also love my ice cream scoop because I inherited it from my grandma Birt when she died. I was so happy I got it because I have very vivid memories of being over at her house for different birthday parties & she would be scooping the ice cream with her metal ice cream scoop. I think of her every time I use.
So those are my top 3, what is your favorite kitchen tool & why?
I'm also posting the best scrambled eggs recipe ever. Now I'm not that big on scrambled eggs until I ran across this recipe. They melt in your mouth.
3 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp half & half cream
8 eggs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
Beat cream cheese & cream until smooth. Add the eggs, Parmesan cheese, lemon-pepper & salt; mix well. In skillet melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook & stir over medium heat until done.
7.09.2009
what to say? what to say?
Posted by Shaury at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I love this post!! Very good info. I'm immediately going to dust off my pizza cutter and put that baby to good use. And I can't wait to try the scrambled eggs. I love eggs! My mouth is watering like crazy right now.
So my favorite kitchen gadget is my apple cutter. I use that baby at least once a day. Back in the day when I didn't have one and I had to cut the apples for my kids by a knife I hated it when my kids asked to eat an apple. I would just hand it to them whole and they would whine and complain for me to cut it up. Eventually they stopped wanting apples. Now it's their favorite snack because of how fast and easy it is for them and me.
I can't wait to check back to see other useful kitchen gadgets. I hate cooking, but I do agree that kitchen gadgets do make it a little fun.
I also love that your kitchen gadgets are heirlooms. I need to go raid my moms kitchen and take some things.
Gee, what else can I say...(man I was really feeling this post).
I guess you and your brother are cut from the same cloth! If he had known about the items of Grandma Birt's he probably would have fought you for them. ANY kitchen gadget is an object of interest/affection for Cory. I myself prefer just the basics - I am slightly interested in a pineapple corer that I have heard about, but I don't have one.
The recipe looks divine! I will have to try it, you know I love recipes!
PAIGE! I have a pineapple corer & it is sooo fun. So I've only used it a handful of times, but I would still encourage you to invest in one.
Does Cory ever cook?
That last comment was Shaury not David.
Cory cooks constantly - and is a tiny bit of an annoyance. (He doesn't like to clean up nearly as much as he enjoys cooking!) He is always finding some new thing to prepare. I think he also enjoys looking at recipes - as I do.
shaury, you really should try out Pampered Chef...just to get the kit. Although i don't sell it anymore, it was way worth my time just for all the tools i acquired. I can't live without all my stuff now. I get frustrated when i have to cook at other people's houses and they don't have the right tool.
I'm glad you posted the egg recipe. that sounds yummy. I need a new pizza cutter, we have been using it to cut pancakes for years (I think we learned it in bear lake from Steph back in the day) and I make pizza about once a week. mine is really a cheapo, I'm jealous of Leon's...
I'm with aleesha on the apple slicer, what an invention! as far as my favorite goes? nothing comes to mind. I have Grandma Birt's pie server that I absolutely love, but there is nothing "gadgety" about it. It's just sentimental.
I LOVE TO COOK!
what a fun post!
Yum! That sounds delicious!
I don't have very good luck with gadgets. My pizza cutter doesn't work very well- I end up using kitchen shears for everything :(, my cheese slicer doesn't work as well as the one my mom has, and my ice-cream scoop doesn't scoop very well...poor poor me. It sounds like I need some new gadgets!!!!
I do like my corn on the cob poker thingies. :)
Have I told you lately that I love your posts?
Shaury - for some reason I have been thinking about this and thought of a few more things. I do use those rubbery spatula things ALL the time (so as not to waste anything on the sides of bowls), I also couldn't live without my potato peeler and I would love to have one of those dripping separators - that separate the grease from the drippings so you don't have greasy gravy. Okay - I think I can stop thinking about this post now.
I forgot to tell you I made those eggs sunday. They were yummy. My kids loved them...thanks for sharing.
I've been thinking of this post ever since you posted it! Guess what I DO love? My pampered chef egg slicer. I use it for everything and absolutely love it!
Thanks shaury for giving me something to think about.
Post a Comment