A couple weeks ago I remember talking to Aleesha about her running routine. She runs on a treadmill, & I told her outside is much better, you get to see all the sight & sounds, & be one with nature. Well I'm giving my opinion a second thought.
This morning I was out on my morning run enjoying the sun on my back, wind in my hair, & sprinklers on my legs when all of a sudden something thumped me in the back of the head. It really startled me because I was in quiet a zone. I looked behind me to see a vicious crowish black bird (I don't know my birds very well) hovering above me. I upped my pace pretty good as I could see this predator was following me, & I didn't know if it had a murder somewhere close by that would come in to take me down. My wound was minor, but I still was a bit scared. I've heard of that Alfred Hitchcock movie. Then I started thinking about any of the neighbors around that may have witnessed my attack, & then me frantically looking around as I swatted all around my head trying to ward off any subsequent attacks. After a few yards I was safe but creeped out. 

After I had escaped my attacker I started thinking why on earth would this bird attack me. Was she a mom protecting her nest, was he really hungry & mistook my bright orange hair for a delicious pumpkin, or maybe the way I was lurching along it thought I was an almost dead, roadkill. Who knows, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for poor Fabio.



11 comments:
Holy Crow! I would be scared to death what with the A.Hitchcock thing & all. Maybe you will need to don a helmet. Be careful Suzi.
I would PAY MONEY to see Shaury running in a helmet!! I was thinking that it just poohed on your head - but it actually struck you? That is freaky! Even with that, I still say running outside is better and I have done a lot of both.
so funny. I think maybe it does have something to do with the red hair. Fabio makes me laugh.
What the heck! What a random freakish thing to happen. I wold be scared to death. I would have loved to have seen it though.
And just for the record, I'd rather run outside, it's just a lot more convenient for me to run inside.
That's crazy, Shaur!
There must be something going on with birds and Birt's. While running Monday morning on a route I use regularly, a bird started "dive bomb" attacking me. It made about four swoops at me. I ran ... a lot faster and looked back over my shoulder and there it was at eye-level coming straight for me in a streamlined position. It was wierd. I ran ... a lot faster and it finally left me alone.
I figure I must have somehow disturbed its nest. I haven't ever had anything like that happen to me before.
I'm surprised that bird actually hit you. Maybe it was drunk or blind ... ???
Stay safe!
Grandpa told me he had just seen on the news that birds are attacking runners back East somewhere. Weird!
Me again...why do all my comments have a little trash can at the bottom???
Mom - so you can delete them if you choose. They show up on your comments cause you're the one that wrote them.
oh my heck! A black bird dive bombed me on Saturday!!!!!! Over And Over!!!! I finally figured out it was my shiny barrette in my hair it was after...That is too crazy. Something is up with the birds.
PS..I have been bird pooped on before while running...not fun...but funny.
you shouldn't watch scary movies.
How funny I can't stop laughing Love you Call some time we need to get together
Post a Comment