CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.20.2009

No TV

thank goodNess for nintendo

movies mOvies movies

the kids actually play Together

i rEad a book

playing Legos as a family

the dishEs get done

less Vegging out

i can watch amerIcan idol on the internet

someone isn't alwayS whining to watch TV

instead of watching the cookIng channel i'm actually cooking

cables a waste Of money

no cartooN network

14 comments:

High Five said...

You're funny.
Did you make that up?

Jeni said...

oh my...you are TOOOOOO clever! and TOOOOO funny!

pcb said...

In other words - you want tv back?

Shaury said...

No PCB, I think I'm really starting to like not have cable.

Angela said...

I absolutely LOVED not having Television. We did it 2 separate times for 18 months each. You really do get a lot more done. I love DVR so I don't waste time away from my kids and just watch TV after they are in bed. But Tierra and I have missed recording a few Bachelors so we watched them on the internet. TV sucks! Except for when the Steelers are in the Superbowl!!

Becky A said...

well, aren't you just the clever little girlie...

pcb said...

You must have a nasty song here - cause my blocker won't show or play your playlist. (I'm not opposed to a little "nasty", just thought you might want to know.

Shaury said...

I don't think I have any nasty songs. It just plays them all randomly. Now you've really got me wondering.

Kristi said...

I have been wanting to do this for a long time now...but Bobby has fought it until the end. I slowly started taking cable channels away and then he calls and gets them turned back on. I finally had to tell him that the one hour a night he has to watch tv does not balance the cost of cable per month or the fight I have to put up with the kids to turn off cartoons (which I learned to LOATHE completely!)! SO i am gald to hear your still surviving and your family is still happy with out it - it just adds more weight to my case!

Aleesha said...

Amen to the no cartoon network. I hate that channel.

I have a friend that has no tv, but I swear she watches more shows than me- on the internet. I gave up arguing about it with her.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Shaury...loved this post! I used to watch the cooking channel ALL the time. I was obsessed with that Alton Brown...Good Eats...loved that quirky guy. Don't watch it as much now. I'm on the computer too much :)
Great to "officially" meet you last night...good times. We'll have to do it again!

Ellie McFreaken said...

P.S. Like I said MONTHS ago...yep you ARE the cute hair girl! Wish I could pull off all the different do's you do girl.

Shaury said...

Alton Brown is my favorite too Angie! And thanks for saying I have cute hair, you're so nice. I hope we get to hang out again!

shauntelle said...

welcome to my world :) It's nice to not have that constant temptation, huh? It's been almost 8 years for me and I don't miss it.