We went out to eat awhile back, & were all enjoying our meal when Hazel started crying really hard. At first I thought she just wanted to get out of her high chair, but when the tears started flowing I knew something was really wrong. I was checking her legs, arms, hair, everything. As I went to finally get her out of her high chair because she wasn't calming down, I noticed she looked up, & this is what she saw...

Oh, poor thing. She was scared to death of this ginomous stuffed buffalo hanging right over her head. The funny thing is, I knew exactly how she felt because when I was a kid (ok til I was like 14) I was scared & totally creeped out by stuffed animals handing on halls. Yuck!



8 comments:
I don't know what the name of this phobia is but my niece Nadia has it too. She will be 21 this month! Totally creeped out by any stuffed animals hanging or standing around. And for some reason I think it goes hand in hand with being afraid of clowns?? Were you ever afraid of clowns? Nadia has been since a child and just this summer after my sister's family came and we were discussing this phobia, my other niece Micaela who is 11 also is afraid of both. How funny huh? I'd like to take Nadia to Cabela's. ha ha
Poor Hazel! I remember you being afraid of that stuff, too. Didn't Clayton have something like that in his house at one point in time?
I haven't ever been afraid of it - I just think it is mean and morbid. It reminds me of the old Gary Larsen comic - the animals have people stuffed and posted up on their walls (like we do to them). This is the ONLY thing that I don't like about Maddox.
I've always thought that it's pretty creepy. Poor Hazel. I hope she's not scarred for life.
where were you eating?
We were at the good old Texas Roadhouse.
Sometimes the most awkward or random traits get passed down - it's funny when they surface! I hope you won't take her there again...although it may be a bargaining tool for you when she's a bit older...ya know, "Brush your teeth or I'll take you to the Buffalo!" :)
sweet robots.
Post a Comment