I thought that when I named my kids with middles names from parents & great grand parents that I was showing honor & love for those people, but it may have back fired on me. Something that I didn't think about when I was naming my perfect little angel babies is that now they are getting older & getting into more trouble I've found myself yelling at them using their full names. So it's kind of like I'm yelling at my father-in-law everytime Jonah's in trouble, my dad everytime Ezra is in trouble, & well, Hazel hasn't gotten into that kind of trouble yet. I guess I just need to NOT call them by their full names when they're in trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I had a childhood neighbor girl who was always being yelled at by her mom through the whole neighborhood by her full name and I still remember it to this day. Maybe only call them their full name when they are being good. ha ha I have never been able to get into that habit even though I like my kids middle names and they also are named after ancestors.
Shaury you crack me up..
I can't imagine you ever being mad. I bet your kids haven't even heard you yell.
I think probably that Dad was a lot like Ez as a little guy. He was named appropriately.
shaury...I just love you. I absolutely love your sense of humor.
Ps; Becky...Loved your comment! :)
You've got to have some way to tell your kids you mean business. I think it just shows them that their full names are used for serious, important, and special times.
Are kid's middle names are after family too...but McKinley's got my brothers so it's just like growing up if I say her name. Tay has my grandpa's middle name - which we rarely heard so it's not so bad...and Preston's is after two uncles and a best friend (good ceveragem huh?) so I don't feel so bad!
Post a Comment