CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.06.2008

Mother Hen

Dang it, I packed up my cord to link my camera to the computer so I can't post the video, but I can tell you the story. So my dear sweet little Ezra has this facsination with EGGS. I think he just really wants one to hatch out a baby chick. He is always sneaking them out of the fridge only to result in me finding one smashed in his pocket, broken on the steps, or in a bowl outside. The other day I decided to allow the egg tending to occur, but only under close supervision. It ended up being so funny I videod him making a little bed for the egg in with him in his bed. When I asked him what he was going to do with the egg he said, "feed it booby milk." HA! Such a good little mother hen. I got a chuckle out of it, thought you might too.

9 comments:

Becky A said...

I love Ez! that is so funny...what will he think of next? And what did you end up doing with the egg?

Shaury said...

Later that day the egg went for an adventure outside & ended up "hatching" on the sidewalk.

Jeni said...

oh so funny! I can't stop laughing.
Just yesterday I was telling Cade that there were eggs inside of me (don't ask) & he yells at me:
"I'm a chicken?"

Diane B said...

Funny Ez...he's asked for eggs from my frig too. Love that little Rice cake.
XO Gram

Becky A said...

Jeni, I am laughing at Cade now, too!

Wendy said...

He's just too cute for his own good!

Kristi said...

Eggs! How'd he even think to be so tender and loving to an egg!?! I love how he's going to feed them my husband - that's one hungry egg! Oh, and all I could think about while reading it was HARD BOIL that EGG!

Angela said...

I was just going to ask you if you'd ever given him an hard boiled egg too. It would last a lot longer and no mess. maybe he could have a pet chicken in Vegas. There's room enough in your huge house!

shauntelle said...

That's so cute. if you're ever ready for him to hit that next stage of understanding, i just read a great book...it's a reading rainbow book and is available at Weber County Library branches. It's called Egg to Chick by Millicent e. Selsam and does a pretty good job explaining stuff. Tolkien liked the photographs.