CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.03.2008

Kindergarten Baby Born in the Gravy

Everyone has posted their back to school stories so we finally get to tell ours. Jonah woke up at 6:30 am all excited (no alarm clock needed with this kid). He knew his cousin Will got to pick out his breakfast for the first day of school so Jonah figured he ought to pick his too. We ate scones, & out the door the entire family went. David said he wanted to come even if it was just to sit in the car with Ezra & Hazel while I took Jonah in. This next part might shock you all, but we were the first ones there in his class! He very timidly hung his beloved backpack up & jacket too (it's been chilly), & went & sat on his square on the carpet. It was fun, & very weird. David & I laughed all morning at how quiet the house was, & it seemed like Jonah was gone forever. When we finally went to pick him up he mostly talked about how crazy the other kids in his class were. Oh boy, that makes ya wonder. But he had a good time, loved recess of course. Later in the day he told me he couldn't wait for tomorrow, & when I asked why he said, "cause I get to go to school again."


3 comments:

Becky A said...

oh, that makes me want to cry! I LOVE that picture of him hanging his jacket. Classic Jonah. I know, it seems like the kindergarten day lasts forever at the first, huh! How is Ezra doing without him? I meant to call you last night to get the report but things got a little hectic. Yay, Jonah! Hooray for kindergarten.

Wendy said...

I still can't believe he's in Kindergarten! How time flies. I remember so well the day he was born...Sounds like he's really ready for school & will be great there & make lots of friends.

Stacy said...

I forgot that Jonah and Riley were so close in age. when is his b-day?