To avoid a pending nervous breakdown, I decided Thursday to fly down to Vegas & find us a house. I enlisted the help, company, comic relief, & support of my mom, & we flew out early Friday morning (with Hazel too of course). We met up with Linda, the realtor, & looked at 7 houses the first day, & 4 the second day. And let me just let all you "darlings" it was exhausting. We ate at the China King Friday night, & we both got what was suppose to be chicken dishes, but the chicken was very strange. We wondered if it was really dog. Hazel liked the dog meat though. I chose my favorite 3 houses which will include one of the following: pulling wallpaper off of every wall, having a really small kitchen, or having a not so big house. I know, it doesn't sound like that great of options, but they were all leaps & bounds better then where we're living now so we are extremely excited (I chose the wallpapered house as my first pick)! Anywho it was an adventure all right, & I should probably call & see if my mom is still alive after it all. By the way, I don't think I have told you all that David starts the academy on the 14th of October so we're hoping to be down there by then. Hip hip hooray!
9.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
cute picture of gram and baby. I think you took the 2 most high maintenance people in the fam, didn't you? (just kidding, mom.) glad you found some options for housing...
First of all your mom and you could be twins, second of all my sister in law lives in Henderson and is so awesome. She goes to play groups and her 4 yr old goes to preschool and she has a almost 2 year old little girl. cling on to her she will show you the ropes of the town and it will be nice! My brother is in Medical School down there so anyhow, text me and I will text you her number 435-773-2143 is mine :)
OK, I know I'm high maintenance...I brought that to Shaury's attention many times on the trip. Of course she was a little annoying when she thought we were going parachuting when she saw my bra on the bed. The dog has barked it's way through the system. Does Hazel miss me? Shaursh, dahhhling, we had fun, huh!
XO MoM
I'd have to agree with the wallpaper house choice. You can't choose a too small of a house because where will I stay when I come visit? Sounds like you and your mom had a good old time. Call me!!! I left a msg. on your phone, so if you check your blog more than your phone messages, you got the memo.
What another fun adventure! And how fun that your cute mom could go with you!
I can't stop laughing about Hazel liking the dog meat...that silly girl.
China King? You could have called me and I could have easily mentioned a handful of different chinese restaurants with REAL chicken. How does Dog taste? Oh, and I think you really meant, "daaahling!" Love the Linda!
Post a Comment