
This time of year I seem to loose my routine that I love so dearly. Because of all the extra fun summer stuff like camping trips, rodeos, parades, playing outside 24/7, & canning green beans, my routine falls out of place, & I start to miss it. Thank goodness that in another month all the excitement will settle down & I can get things back in order. I don't know what it is about having a routine, but it makes me feel at-home, safe, & undercontrol. So here's my fail proof routine & I want to know yours (if you have one). Leave me a comment & let me know how you get it all done. Ok here's mine:
Monday: Clean the house
Tuesday: Relief Society stuff
Wednesday: Pay the bills
Thursday: Laundry
Friday: Groceries
Saturday: Have fun
Sunday: Feel the spirit
Well I probably forgot something since I've been out of the groove, but I'm seriously curious about all of your routines so let me know.
8.05.2008
Lost Routine
Posted by Shaury at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You are so organized. I'm very impressed!
You got those beans done??? I've got some more snapped for you...you're not done yet Suzy!
XO MoM
hmmm. how much detail do you want? I'm totally out of mine, too, but here's how it's supposed to go (in the summer, anyways...the school year is different)
Monday: laundry and clean house
Tuesday: errands, yard work (ya right) and Brandon's day off
Wednesday: library, clean bathrooms, (my kids do that during the summer) make next week's menu
thursday: (Big Day) babies' laundry, clean out fridge, grocery list, clean kids rooms (hopefully with their help)
Friday: groceries, clean out van, and "easy chores" for the kids
Saturday: Family Fun Day
Sunday: day of REST...
now that I typed this all up, I do miss it...
OK -- you have to explain to me how you only clean on Monday! I would LOVE that schedule. I get so down on myself when I don't get my whole list done. I feel like EVERY day is cleaning, laundry, bills, etc. And if you do an intense clean on Monday, how do you keep them busy enough so you can get the whole place done?!
The only sure thing for me is Monday is laundry day. I am always cleaning and picking up things. Then add now soccer, PTA, NHW group, and the rest of it - I just make time where it fits. I never go to the grocery once a week...I cook with what we have and go every other or every three - unless we need milk or diapers. I just hate seeing food go to waste! I am sure things will change some when I have to pack a lunch for Preston every day for school!
Brooke? So good to hear from you. You're right the Monday cleaning is pretty intense. I don't get myself ready that day. No makeup or hair do & since I've had the baby it's gotten harder, but so worth getting done & then just straightening up everyday messes the rest of the week.
Kristi - I do groceries every other week too, but it seems like I always need milk or diapers too so I try to plan that on grocery day. This plan has gotten crazy this summer though.
Post a Comment