Well we went camping with David's brother & parents up to Lava Hot Springs, & I'm now suffering from post traumatic stress syndrom. Everything was going really well. We bought an awesome "2 room villa" tent just from the occasion. Our nephew got a new mini 4-wheeler that the boys couldn't wait to ride, & totally loved riding.

The first night was just great. The kids slept good. The second day we went 4-wheelin & shootin (which was dang fun), & then swimming in the afternoon. The story gets interesting when bedtime hit the second night. A storm started rolling in at about 11:00 pm, but nothing our new "villa" couldn't handle. An hour later it started lightening like I've never seen before. That's when Hazel's all night, all you can eat, buffet started. The wind started raging & part of the tent blew down, but David pushed it back up. A couple hours later after a brief break in the storm, it came back with a vengence. Two main tent poles started falling so David & I were standing in the tent holding it up so the kids wouldn't get squished. We were wondering what we were going to do next when Super Jared (David's brother) came to save us & help us into his trailer. David held the tent while Jared & I got the kids (& whatever bedding we could grab) into the trailer safely. Jonah was almost in tears from fear & Ezra had a big smile on his face from all the excitement. Anyways, David & Jared went & checked on their parents in their little tent. Their mom came in too & then went to sleep in their car & their dad slept through most of it (what the heck huh). Jared had to park a 4-wheeler on our tent so it wouldn't flow away. I told you this was long, it gets better though. So in the trailer Carrie (my sister-in-law) saw David in his garms & I saw her in her garms (I think because I didn't have my glasses or contacts at this point). Well we finally got all tucked in, & David says, "what's that noise." MICE! Carrie had just set traps earlier that day, & the mice were going crazy while my three kids were sleeping on the floor. AAAAHHHHHHH! Then Jared comes out of the back room (in his garms) & reassures me by saying the mice won't nibble on the kids' ears. AAAAAHHHHHH! At this point David spots a huge mountain ant on me. I had had it! I talked David ear off until he fell asleep, & I did in fact drift off to sleep to the sounds of the hurricane ragging outside & mice squeeking (I did prefer the mice over the hurricane). When we woke up Carrie found 3 mice still alive on one of her traps. I just want to say again what I've said before, I am not a camper, & will not be camping again for a long long time. It's always so much fun until night falls. Why can't my camping experiences be more like the Arnell's?
PS Thanks Jared & Carrie for saving us from the storm & letting us crash in your trailer!!!
8.10.2008
Gone with the Wind (warning - long story involved)
Posted by Shaury at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I totally understand the no camping thing. And after a night at scout camp, Josh said we won't go camping with anyone under 2. So our next camping trip to Bear Lake will be me sleeping in the cabin and Josh with 2 of the kids in the tent. My kind of camping!!
Gotta love that camping fun!!!
XO MoM
Sounds like to much fun. I am glad I was not there. I would of been on the highway driving home. call me somtime.
the boys look like naturals on the 4-wheelers! I could not handle the mice, either, though. I get a little creeped out about chipmunks on camping trips, even. I'm sure you'll forget the bad and come camping with us the first weekend of October at Snow Canyon for the st. george marathon!
Maybe we'll get a hotel room, Beck.
We've had some memorable camping trips too, but they all go away after you have a good one. You've always had fun in Goblin Valley haven't you?
Last year we went to the Uintah's and it rained, like it always does there, Logan threw up on his jammies and jacket so he had nothing warm to wear. Larry had the boys out fishing in the rain while Tierra and I hid out in the dark, cold, dreary trailor playing cards and laughing at how miserable we were and knowing we'd look back and laugh some more. The boys thought it was a great trip. But we've had fun since then..just keep camping because it's those memories that your boys will look back on and appreciate.
Oh, that's too funny! Great memories to look back & laugh about!
Camping adventures like that are the ones you look back on and laugh the hardest over years later, especially for the kids. They make the best memories.
The mice, however, do not, eeuuuuuwwww!
Post a Comment