Happy fabulous 4th everybody! Our family all planned to sleepover in my parents backyard, tents & all. David had to work late so he wasn't able to come, but I braved it with my three little ones. My parents & siblings had the same kind of sleepover last year & for whatever reason we didn't join in. So this year I didn't want to be left out again. Everything went surprisingly well. I got the tent pitch without any problems. The kids were all good. Most importantly it was fun (especially Farr's ice cream at 9:00 pm). However, when we were going to sleep the wind started, & the tent was shaking like a leaf. I was expecting to see Dorothy & Toto show up anytime. Needless to say I hardly slept a wink. Not to mention my parents dang rooster crowing at 5:45 am, & they don't just crow once & are done. All night I was asking myself why. Why sleepover when I live 8 minutes away? Why lay on the hard ground? Why sleep with insects? Why do my parents have a rooster? Why haul all my crap there? You get the idea. So after many hours of contemplation I decided I would not be doing that again. However, after the kids woke up Ezra immediately said, "that was soooo fun? When can we do it again?" So I wouldn't be surprised if we do it again next year cause when the kids are happy, everyone's happy, & that is why we do what we do.
7.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh Shaursh...I thought you loved it! You cover well. It's just fun to be together huh.
XO MoM
I slept fantastic and woke up feeling refreshed and splendid. Love you babe...
P.S. Mrs. Milk said that when we got married some love machine was supposed to come with that. I dont know what she is talking about maybe you should ask her.
why do mom and dad have a rooster? what is all this about killing the fox?
they have a rooster to attract foxes that you can kill. My guess.
Hmm that's funny...I left a comment on here the other day & it's not here anymore...I must have got the word verification wrong..again...anyway... this is what I said:
I love the fox...it's the cougar I'm worried about!
And then I said:
Shaury, you are such a good mom to take your kids camping!
Post a Comment