Well well well, I haven't posted for awhile because I've been in a really bad mood that's been getting progressively worse since Sunday. It all started with David having to work during church, & me having to brave church alone with the 3 kids. It was bad. Everything has just been snowballing. I hate my hair! So what did I do, butchered my bangs (IT'S BAD)! I hate my body. So what did I do, ate a recorded breaking amount of rocky road ice cream at 11:00 pm.
I hate where I live, it's ghetto & really small. I hate being poor! I hate my church calling. I hate being an all but single mom. And lastly, I hate seeing all you people's happy blogs, with your happy families, happily perfect family pictures, & your happy lives (no offense). So here are my ugly pictures since they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
However, things have gotten better. I had to go out on my weekly visiting with the Relief Society which I was absolutely dreading, & wouldn't ya know it, I felt the spirit, & it felt good. Before I knew it I was feeling happy again.
It seemed like everyone we visited was inactive, & they weren't happy. It dawned on me that I would probably be happier if I prayed more & more sincerely. Sorry to get a little churchy on ya. So to sum up a long story. I do still hate my hair (maybe a little bit more then before), I do still hate my body, I still hate where I live, hate being poor, I'm still not real fond of my church calling, but realize that good things come of it, & I still hate being an all but single mom, but at least I have a loving husband even if he's not ever home. Oh & I do love all your much too happy blogs! Thanks for listening to my gripes. I am happy again!
7.10.2008
Bad Mood Blues
Posted by Anonymous at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
I love ya, shaury! thanks for keepin it real. glad you're feeling better. lucy has been making plans for her and ezra all week. she has a stash of goodies for him, too, if she can save them until sunday. I love your grouchy pictures. you're funny.
p.s. I have found that when I'm in a bad mood, reading people's blogs is NOT a good idea...
I know how you feel. Those are the feelings I battle every day. Just ignore and try to move on. it is hard. great pitchers. I love your hair come to me and we will chop it off or give you a cool hair color.
I HEAR A AMEN MY SISTER! I am in one bisnatchy mood too but Aunt Flow is here so you know how that rolls. People who have all this positive crap on there blogs are what we call ho's! So just say blank is a ho. It makes you feel good seriously try it! Other then that preach on my sister I LOVE IT!
WOW! Now that is a funny blog...
I'm with you on all of it.... But I think church is the hardest. I have taken my kido's to church by myself for about 14 yrs now. I thought it would be better now that I live by my mom & dad but it isn't... hang in their girl.
keep telling it like it is I love it!
Oh cute pictures! if only I could look like that on a good day....
You all have been very helpful. Carrie I'll trade hair, but you're right, I don't want to be 8 months prego.
Oh Shaury...I love you girl. Doesn't it feel good to vent?!!
I had those same feelings last week! About everything...I just wanted to quit & or change everything. But you, my friend, are one of the most beautiful girls I know, & EVERYBODY always loves your hair! :)
Isn't it weird how for whatever reason...(not enough time etc.)we don't want to visit teach, or go to church, and then when we actually do it...we feel so much better? hmmmm.
PS: The thing I like about blogs is that we each "fill each others buckets". It's like my virtual self esteem builder. :) I'm needy. :)
Shaur, you're awesome & always have been. You have so much to be thankful for. I love you!
XO MoM
You crack me up. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to see the bangs in your post. I can't make a good judgment call on the whole "I hate my hair/body" statement until I see the bangs. Because as of now you're still as beautiful as ever! I love ya girl!!!
Shaury, I read this post two days ago and I tried to comment but I guess the verification wasn't quite right.
I love to read about when we are keepin' it real! I could have copied and pasted that whole message on my blog(except visiting someone) I have had the Moody blues myself....
You ARE the hair girl that I thought you were so I will trade hair with you anyday!
WHat makes me really happy now is that one of my all time fav songs Landslide is now playing on your blog so I am making this comment longer than needs to be because I want to hear the whole thing!!!
I just read your window cleaner post being gone. We were all hiding in our neighborhood a couple of weeks ago from the window cleaning people that were selling it door to door! Gotta love that stuff!
I think I have these days more than most people...so I was glad to hear someone else sharing their relateable blues. I often refer to myself as a work widow - you are too. Oh, don't worry about your bangs, it's just hair and it will grow back. Tell David to hurry up on getting you here...that could solve the house thing, the poor thing, and then we could trade babysitting for workout time and that would solve the hating our body thing! I think it's a good plan!
Those faces look identical to Larry's faces.
I use to feel the same way about people having little happy families (and not from their blogs, just seeing them around). But that is what girls-night out is for. You get together and talk about your problems and realize everyone is in the same boat. REAL people will admit it.
I HATE being poor too. But I get slapped into reality when I watch Oprah or read the National Geographic etc. But that only lasts a day or two.
We're really blessed, but it's hard to see it when you live in S.W. cause most people are too filthy rich for their own good. But I'm glad to have a roof over my head. But if anything get's me down more than another it is definately being poor. Let's hear it for the wretched poor! Hip hip hooray.
I hate my dirty carpet right now too! If I were rich I'd get new carpet....in my new house!
And uh what's wrong with your body? Do you have a fun house mirror at your place? 3 babies and you're still smokin' hot!
Hi Shaury, I was glad to come across your fun blog. I agree with the others that life is quite crazy and that you are beautiful. The sad thing is that we seem to be too critical of ourselves. If we could see the great thing others see in us for ourselves, life wouldn't get us down quite so much!
P.S. I have a very cute picture of you and one of your darling children I will try and post on my blog. I need you e-mail address so you can get to my blog though.
P.s.s. This is your neighbor from years gone by. lol
Post a Comment