CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7.25.2008

Caught up in Summer

I haven't posted for awhile cause we've been all caught up in summer. You know, the parades, rodeos, swimming, & all that good stuff. I did want to let you all know that David made it back safely from his little trip to Las Vegas to do his second part of applying to be a police officer.
Thanks to the Milk's, his old mission companion, his stay was very comfortable (thanks Kristi & sorry about the odors). As for the job testing, interviewing, & lie detector testing, David said it was all a bit nerve racking. He had to talk in detail about every bad thing he's ever done (which isn't much by most peoples standards). He was mentally drained when he got home, but we're all very glad he's home! Now we're just waiting for the background check to be done. I guess they call everyone David knows, has known, or has the potential of knowing (you get the idea). So who knows when we'll find out about the job. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Also, if they happen to call you please say nice things even if you don't want us to move to Las Vegas. I guess that can be applied to you all that do want us to move away too.

5 comments:

Becky A said...

ooo, I wonder if they'll google his name and find your blog...

Kristi said...

You can bet they Google names...probably already have.

Anyways, I was glad to put him up for however long he needed. I just told him next time he should bring you and the kids because we totally could have hung at the pool or something while he did all the testing. Soon enough you'll be here and we can all hang, do dinner, have date nights, swap babysitting, or whatever else friends need!

Oh, and about the odor...I told David I was glad he felt so comfortable in front of me!

Anonymous said...

I told you Kristi I was trying to do it quietly.

Standita's said...

Hi Shaury, I found your blog through facebook, very cute kids.
Good luck with the job David.

Angela said...

One part of us wants you to move there because L.V. used to be Larry and I's favorite vacation spot till we got married and had too many chitlins. But if you move get a place with a pool so we can come swim. Of course Hud and Parks will be lonely without their cousins.