CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.15.2009

Pimped Roxy's Kennel

The other day I felt a bit of compassion for our dog Roxy.  Just for a little background, our family got Roxy off of KSL almost 3 years ago & it was love at first sight.  However, that infactuation has worn off. She is truely a part of our family though.  We have unconditional love for Roxy, we love her deeply but sometimes we really can't stand her.  Anyways on this perticular day I saw Roxy shivering in her kennel.  She hates the cold weather.  It can be 100 degrees outside & she'll find a spot in the sun to get nice & warm.  So this cold front that has hit really put her in a sad mood.  I decided to show a little love.  Here's the before shot of her kennel. 



I know, it's almost inhumane.  Hazel & I ventured to good ol' Target & found a 75% off sale.  Yippy!  We picked up a few pillows, foam, & a blanket.  And voile! 



Roxy was all excited like she knew something was up.  Here is what she did to her old pillow while I was sewing her new bed.  Naughty!



And I don't know how my mom's daughter can be such a horrible seamstress.  Here is proof that I did actually sew, but I am definately not sew great at it. 



Roxy gave her new pimped out kennel to paws up.  She hates her picture taken, but I managed to sneak one. 



The kids also gave it a try & seemed to think it was great. 










Hmmm this picture gives me an idea.

9 comments:

pcb said...

Awesome - a little bright for my taste but even the name Roxy screams colorful! In my generation "pimping" meant something entirely different - I'm so glad you did this kind of pimping for Roxy.

Becky A said...

funny comment, Paige. I love the new kennel. Now next time we tend Roxy it will be even more fun! Good job, seamstress sue.

Angela said...

Nice choice of colors...i think it goes well with Roxy's colors...Looks like T's room too, pink and black. ha ha I hope the "screamin" colors don't make her hyperactive and she gets a good nights rest in there.
I'm the same way...my mom sewed everything of mine and I can't sew worth a lick...but instead of blaming it on ourselves let's say our moms didn't spend enough time teaching us these skills. :) We were the babies so they were probably too busy caring for all the older siblings!

Aleesha said...

Her kennel looks so much more cozy now. What a lucky dog. All that's missing is the bling now.

Shaury said...

Bling I didn't think about that. On second thought, she'd probably eat it. And maybe I should have considered a more calming color for our already hyperactive dog. I pretty much just got what was on clearance.

Diane B said...

Way to go seamstress Suzy!

Jeni said...

You are amazing! I love how the hot pink contrasts with Roxy's black & white.

Kristi said...

Awesome! I hope my pup never see this!

shauntelle said...

AWESOME!!! Does Dave hate it?