CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.15.2009

Welcome 30

Welp I turned the BIG 30, I told you it was birthday season at our house. It turned out to be one of my best birthdays. Because it just so happened to be David's one Saturday a month off work so he was home, & really that was all I needed to have a good day. However, that was only the beginning.



My mom has a fun tradition of making valentines day breakfast for all the kids so we did that to kick off the day. She made pink heart pancakes, pink syrup, & pink milk (thanks Mom).
Oh & of course Aleesha always comes to that too because she's been my BFF since the beginning of it all. On a side note Aleesha gave me the most amazing present. A photo album of pictures & memories from when we were born up until now, thanks SO much Leesh.
After breakfast, since it was a blizzard, David & I went shopping in Layton instead of the Gateway, WITHOUT THE KIDS. I was very proud of David & his cheerful shopping disposition (thanks babe). It was a very successful shopping experience, & here's the proof. Meet the new members of our family (pictured below) cute huh.



After shopping David treated me to lupper at my all time favorite Ruby River, drool drool. We got the valentine's day special: artichoke dip which was an 11 out of 10, the prime rib I gave an 8, & of course the complimentary birthday dessert that was a 9 until I realized David was eating all the oreo part; but then he realized I was eating all the peanut butter part so we called it even. After eating we picked up the kids, & went home to celebrated for the rest of the day. Hooray!

11 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't know it was your big 30! In my mind you will always be 26 for some reason. :) I'm glad it was your best birthday, it's hard getting older and not having "parties" so I'd say it's hard to beat the past birthdays. Wow it is nice of David to go shopping with you. Larry's not a shopper either, but when he comes it makes me happy.
I'm craving artichoke dip! YUM.

pcb said...

That does seem like a lovely birthday. Now you are officially in your "prime".

Becky A said...

Glad it was a happy one, cute little sister. I love you!

Kristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAURY! Bobby's is at the end of the month 30, too! And I am attempting to pull off a surprise party...he's never had a birthday party...EVER!

Moline Family said...

Shaury, Happy 30th Birthday! Welcome to the club.It looked fun, I am glad it was a good one. Let's get together soon.
Jamie

Angela said...

I forgot to say that I'm surprised it was the best ever seeing how you had to talk on Sunday! I'd be STESSED out! How cruel to make you talk before your birthday and at New Beginnings! (That was my old job) When your mom and dad left Sunday school early Larry wanted to come listen too, but said he wasn't invited. ha ha And we weren't for sure what building you were in. Glad it is all over so David can enjoy his B-day!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Shaury! I'm so glad it was such a wonderful day!
PS: My parents said you both did a great job Sunday speaking in church.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you had a great one!!! Your Mom is so cute to have such fun traditions.

Sunday...I was sitting in the hall on the couch at church preparing MY talk (which I dread like no other...).....and I heard you talking but didn't know it was you. I was thinking "hmmmm I wonder who this is I want to peek in and see who it is but since it wasn't my ward I figured that would be tacky so I didn't. Then after church I was down by our Primary room and heard someone say that Shaury gave a talk! So I guess you were the mysterious great talker up there! Good Job!

Anywho....gotta give props where it is needed and those shoes are Cuuuute! Love 'em!

Shaury said...

This is what my "prime" feels like? Oh no. I pretty much bombed on my talk so none of you missed a thing & I apologize for those who heard it.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday - I knew you and Aleesha were always together from the very beginning - but I had no idea you weren't even a week apart. That is awesome to have a life long best friend. I want to see your memory scrapbook - bring it to BC.

Dave and Julie said...

You are getting so old. I love the shoes. I love your hair I wonder who cuts it she must be cool. lol call me sometime