It's not that I hate my internship as much as I truly despise, deplore, disdain, and any other D-word that expresses distaste, working for free. There is just something that is truly un-American about doing work that is of high quality and great taste, almost arty, and not getting paid for it. I believe it was that great founder of this country and creator of our fair Constitution James Madison that once said, "Don't work for free dammit." And yet day after day I toil in the recesses of internship hell and think to myself, I can't believe I had to pay the University $500 dollars to do this.
6.25.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
ooo, sounds fun! and in red, too, huh? hang in there! How long does it last?
Babe, is "arty" even a word? Do you mean farty or maybe artsie (or however you spell it). Only one more month, you can do it!
I work for free every day of my life for the past 6 years! Suck it up David! I am on the 24 hour shift, no days off (well, rarely no days off)...this whole arty farty tarty thing will pass. As for mine, it will be a much longer road!
Hanging out with kids and once and a while changing a diaper explosion is not work unless you make it work, kids are a blast, especially when there asleep and in bed.
Expected no other answer from you, Ricer! Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment