CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.24.2008

Dumb Mommy!

Dear Child Protective Services,
I have some explaining to do. Last night when I realized we were out of milk I was going to pack all the kids back up in the car to go get some, but it was Ezra's bedtime, a really GRUMPY Ezra's bedtime. Jonah said he'd be fine babysitting, & then while I was putting Ezra to bed Hazel fell asleep in her swing. I knew it would only take 15 minutes so I showed Jonah how to call me if there was a problem, & I ran to get the wonderful, delicious, essential milk. Nothing bad happened, & Jonah thought he was such a big helper babysitting Ezra & Hazel. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. Sorry!
I also need to address Hazel falling off the bed this morning. I'm sorry, I just underestimated her new rolling abilities. It wasn't a long fall, & she seems just fine now (well except for the burn on her foot).
And about that burn, it was a complete accident. I had just been ironing (something I'm not real experienced at), & Hazel's foot just kicked into it. Believe me, next time I won't have her anywhere near the iron.
Please let me keep my children. I love them all so much. I guess you could say I'm just a dumb mommy. I promise I'll start being more careful.
With great recompense,
Shaury
P.S. I'm also going to try harder to not nurse the baby in front of the neighbor kids. Sorry again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think you are very naughty, and you didnt even tell me about starting Hazel on fire. BAD MOMMY, it's no wonder I am dreaming of ex-girlfriends.

Shaury said...

Honestly David - I didn't start her on fire, & I didn't tell you because it happened after you left today. Don't blame me for your naughty dreams of Miss Ex.

Shanna said...

Ha ha ha!!! Thank you Shaury, I needed to know there are others like me. I would love to let Samuel babysit if I just had to run for a few minutes, maybe in a couple of years.

Just remember, it happens to all of us. And I am still laughing about it. Thanks.

Angela said...

Please keep your intimate arguments to yourselves.
I think we could all tell our stories of being a "bad" mom.
I'm not a paranoid mom so I think it's fine you left them. We all know what our own kids will and won't do.

Becky A said...

great post, Shaury! once again, your creativity has shone through! I love your blog!!!!!

Jeni said...

Glad to hear I'm normal. Except nursing in front of the neighbor kids :) Gross!:)

Kristi said...

I can relate to everything, Shaury, well...except the burn thing. Never done that. I have left Preston home with the baby several times for a 10 minute trip somewhere and only when she was napping. I always take Taytum because I know the two of them would have "whose in charge" issues!

I also find it hilariously entertaining that you and Dave communicate about the blog through the blog! You guys are something else!