CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

5.22.2008

Sticky Fingers

So yesterday the kids & I went to Fun Daze to pick up a few things for my mom's retirement party. And wouldn't ya know it, that night when I was getting Ezra ready for bed he had a cute little bouncy ball in his pocket. I asked him where he got it, & he so innocently said he took it. I was thinking he had taken it from a friends house, but I was wrong. He admitted to taking it from the "party store." After he had sat on the naughty chair I explained to him that we'd have to take it back tomarrow. Of course today that was our first priority. We went marching back into the store, & Ezra handed the nice little old lady the ball back. I explained what had happened, & Ezra so shyly & very cute said, "sorry." Wouldn't ya know it, the little old lady said, "that's ok," And "what a nice thing to do." Now we all know that she was talking about bringing the ball back, but unfortunately the accused 3 year old thought she meant taking the ball in the first place. Why couldn't she just have said, "make sure you don't ever take anything again," or something of that nature. For the rest of today I've had to go over & over with Ezra that the stealing was bad, & the taking back was good. Ya gotta love 3 year olds.

6 comments:

Diana said...

So nice of you to stop by, it was fun to click onto your blog and see your adorable children. I've had fun reading your comments on Becky's blog. You two crack me up. I know she's glad you finally entered the blogging world. I'm still trying to convice my sisters. Sorry to hear your great teaching moment backfired. In our home it is referred to as the 5 finger discount.

Becky A said...

Ezra! that is hilarious! I can just see it (and hear his cute little voice) That will keep me smiling all day! P.s. did you get my text last night?

CameraGirl said...

Oh, boy...Are you SURE you're not talking about DAVE??? (as a child, of course). Remind him of the "Nitrate-from-the-pharmacy-and-feeding-it-to-his-friend-incident..." I swear that little Ez is a reincarnate of his dad!!! What a good mom, Shaury, to take the time to make this right!

--Grandma R.

Kristi said...

It's pretty bad whne I just recently did something similar...I was at the mall with the girls and on the phone. Taytum was shopping in a toy store and I picked up a little car to entertain McKinley as we shopped. I had every intention of placing it back on the shelf but I forgot and walked out of the store. I didn't realize the baby still had it until we got to the car and I unloaded her and the stroller. Much to my surprise she was still holding it, had eaten the tag off, and was happy as pie! So I unloaded us all and headed back into the mall to return the silly car! I felt so horrible! Tell Ez he's not alone!

Tiffany said...

Hey Just thought I would say Hi!
I love your blog. Your kids are so cute. It's been fun reading about your cute little family. Hope you don't mind...

Jeni said...

Oh I just think that is too cute & too funny!