CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

5.19.2008

Say What?



We had a crazy busy weekend. Early Friday morning we showed our condo (again) but no offer (again). Then off to Jonah's first dentist visit. He loved it, but I attribute that to the super nice dental hygenist. We then zipped over to Salt Lake for a visit to Primary Children's Medical Center. Hazel was getting checked out because of some cysts on her kidney & the possibility of urinary reflux. I hate that place!!! It gives me a lump in my throat. So sweet little Hazel got an ultrasound of her kidneys & surprise surprise the little squirt only has one working kidney. SAY WHAT? That's right, one working kidney. While the doctor was telling this to me my mind was running wild about a kidney transplant, surgery, I had no idea what this meant for Hazel. So, of course, I asked the doctor who so lightly told me she'd be fine as long as when she's 25 & going to a liberal college (not any child of David's) she doesn't donate a kidney. So she's fine! What a blessing that of all the organs in her body the extra one was the one that decided not to work. We also found out she doesn't have urinary reflux. Hooray! After that ordeal we went to see the Jazz stink it up, & we almost got taken out by the drunk lady behind us falling over. As for Saturday, Jonah played his last soccor game of the season, we got to cheer on half my family who were running in the marathon, David's parents treated us to a David Ramsey financial lecture, & to top it all off we ate dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen (the Greek pizza is fabulous). I warned you that we had a crazy busy weekend.

8 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Shaury...so my deal is if I am going to look at someones blog here and there and I don't really know them I will then leave them a comment. Then it isn't so much stalking as it is just "visiting" :)
I had to comment though because We had to take Zac to Primary for the exact same reason. My midwife caught it when he was in my womb. We were pretty stressed out since my husband has a kidney disorder.
That test is brutal and I remember just wanting to grab Zac and dashing out of the door.
I am so glad your baby is o.k. and thank goodness for two kidneys! She's beautiful!

Aleesha said...

I had no idea this was going on with Hazel. I'm glad it's all working out for the better.

I was at the marathon too. (Not running of course, Matt ran the half). Too bad we didn't run into each other.

So are you ready for a GNO after your crazy weekend?

Becky A said...

Hazel looks like she was such a good girl at the hospital! We're so thankful for the good news... I forgot to ask you yesterday if you will be putting the boys in swim lessons this year?

Jeni said...

I just can't stop myself! Let me know if it bugs you & I'll stop!
You did have crazy weekend girl! I'm so glad that Hazel will be ok. Too Scary.
I also want to say that I think you're cool for putting rehab on your playlist! I love that song!

Anonymous said...

It seemed a lot more crazy than that......

Shanna said...

Shaury,

I am so glad you commented on my blog. It is so good that Hazel is doing well, I had no idea.

Where are you planning on moving? Are you trying to stay in the ward?

Shanna

Kristi said...

Good news about Hazel! Children can really make our minds race - all we want to do is protect them with every fiber of our being...rather me be sick than them.

Angela said...

I hate Primary childrens too but I was always thankful to walk out of there after seeing the cute little sick kids that have to spend days or weeks there! Be grateful Hazel is not one of them.
Jazz game gave me ulcers but Hey I heard beer is good for your hair.
I also have a few friends that wanted to go to Dave Ramsey's lecture. I bet you learned a lot.