Yesterday I went out to the garage to get our wonderful Jonah his bike, the one with training wheels, because Jonah has never in his life rode a bike without. While I was laboring diligently throughout the multitude of crap in the garage I felt the sudden urge, by sudden urge I mean the kind of urge you get when you know there is a bag of half eaten Oreo's in the pantry, to look over my shoulder and lo and behold Jonah decided to hop onto his friends bike and go for a ride around the parking lot, the only thing is is that his friend's bike does not have training wheels. It really is no surprise, of all the kids in the world Jonah is the kid that just thinks it's time for him to do something, like ride a bike without training wheels, and he just does it. Needles to say I grabbed the big bike out of the garage, the one without training wheels, and he just hopped on and rode into the the ghetto sunset. And in case nobody notices at the very end of the little clip Jonah eats it behind that white car, but like all great boys he just got up with an embarrassed look on his face and hopped on the bike and rode some more.
5.28.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is SOOO Jonah! I love the "ghetto sunset"...Look at him go! awesome!
Hey Jonah,
We HAVE to go for a bike ride on the trail by my house! Horay for you!! I loved watching you ride your bike in the video!
Love,
Grandma Rice
Oh my gosh! that is awesome Jonah.
Parks also just got on a bike for the first time in his life 2 weeks ago. We almost bought him a 'tiny' (low to the ground baby bike) but I decided to get Larry's input but when we got home we realized Hud's old bike is Parks size. He falls over even with training wheels. :) but I'm so thankful he can even ride!!! And he is sooo excited that he is big enough for Hud's bike. ha ha
After watching this for the 7th time with my boys. I realized how many little kids are riding around out there. Lucky. There's a lot of kids to play with, even if it is in the ghetto.:)
Post a Comment